Senior Occupational Therapist
Michelle graduated in 2010 from Trinity College, Dublin with a BSc. OT and is now heading up the Naas clinic as Senior Occupational Therapist.
Michelle spent 2 years working in an acute adult hospital and 2 ½ years working in paediatrics in Ireland and Australia for both private and NGO services.
Michelle also spent almost 2 years specialising with working with 0 – 7 years children with ASD. Michelle is most passionate about working with the ASD population and champions the benefit of early intervention and the role OT has to play in overall childhood development and learning.
She has completed the following courses:
- Handwriting without Tears
- Sensory Integration Introductory courses Levels 1 and 2
- Training (Traffic Jam in my Brain) with Jen Gereb – Specialist Paediatrics OT in Australia
- SOS approach to Feeding (Sydney)
- Best practice training – ‘Routine’s based intervention’ with Noah’s Arc
- Qualified as a Children’s Yoga Teacher in 2015
- Astronaut Training – A sensory integration programme designed to stimulate and integrate the vestibular, visual and auditory systems
Michelle has provided Occupational Therapy services to a number of ASD-focused organisations including the HSE, Hope Montessori Autism Care Centre and Inspire Autism Creche. Michelle also gives regular talks on Occupational Therapy and ASD in partnership with the Kildare Library network