Easter Social Skill Group
We are all set for next week for our Social Skills Camp kicking off next week. We have a fun filled two days planned with lots of imaginative and exciting little projects for all our little bunnies to enjoy. We will be encouraging the children by targeting specific areas and look forward to meeting you all.
Targeted areas will be:
- Development of basic social skills, i.e. initiating conversation, eye-contact
- Building on existing social skills
- Attention and Listening
- Language and vocabulary development
- Awareness of others
- Narrative skills and formulating stories
- Story telling
- Problem solving
- Emotions and emotional regulation
- Developing the language and communication needed for successful peer interaction
- Self regulation
- Developing conversation
- Fine motor skills
- Behavioural regulation
- Co-ordination and gross motor skills
Each day your child will be exposed to a range of tasks, games and activities in an imaginative, enjoyable and social environment. The group’s leaders, Olive Gormley (Speech and Language Therapist) and Simone Coleman (Certified Behaviour Analyst) will facilitate the children in the two-hour sessions over both days and help them to learn and progress in each of the areas targeted.
Looking forward to seeing you all and Wishing all our Clients a Happy Easter.
Olive Gormley Simone Coleman
Senior Speech and Language Therapist Board Certified Behaviour Analyst