Our Occupational Therapy Assessment is a Three Step Process. This ensures a comprehensive assessment of your child:
- Once an initial appointment has been completed and you have returned the completed questionnaires to us, including any previous assessments reports and the therapist has made the decision that your child warrants an Occupational Therapy Assessment, you will be contacted to arrange a suitable appointment time.
- Teacher Questionairre to be completed by your Child’s teacher so that information is gathered from all area’s of your child’s life.
– Assessment using standardised and non-standardised assessment tools (Approx Two Hours)
– Individual feedback with parents (30mins)
– Written Report (Recognised by the Department of Education and Science/ Third Level College)
- Follow up recommendations for Educational purposes which may include access to assistive technology, reduction in timetables, Therapeutic programmes to be completed with team, Onward referrals that may be required.