Adult and Child Therapy Centre is now able to provide Educational Setting Training Packages to Parents and Professionals.
All Courses can be adapted and tailored to the needs of the audience, covering Speech, Language & Communication. Through the ongoing Therapy and Assessments that are provided within the Clinic, we are more aware than ever that educating Parents and early years Educators is vital when taking in consideration the diversity of children entering into education with a difficulty.
Adult and Child Therapy Centre’s aim is to bring together all who are involved in a young child’s life, in order to ensure they are being given the best opportunity possible.
Speech and Language Therapy – An overview of the profession and the role of a Speech and Language Therapist (SaLT)
Targets: Professionals who are interested in the work of an SaLT as well as those who work with children with communication needs
Objective: Develop understanding of speech and language therapy, the role of the SaLT and the nature and scope of their work. The seminar looks at the role of the SaLT within the multidisciplinary team and how they work alongside other professionals to implement communication strategies and goals
Outline: 1.5 -hour seminar that covers the following:
- Overview of communication and what it means
- How and why we communicate
- Breakdown in communication – difficulties in communication
- Disorders and diagnoses associated with communication difficulties
- The role of the SaLT, including:
- The role of the SaLT in a multidisciplinary team – what to expect
- Working with other professionals – case examples
- Seeking advice/help from an SaLT.
For further information on this Course, please contact us on 01 2789516 or email email@example.com .
Our Team will be happy to discuss the needs that you may require.