Adult and Child Therapy Centre is now able to provide Educational Setting Training Packages to Parents and Professionals.
All Courses can be adapted and tailored to the needs of the audience, covering Speech, Language & Communication. Through the ongoing Therapy and Assessments that are provided within the Clinic, we are more aware than ever that educating Parents and early years Educators is vital when taking in consideration the diversity of children entering into education with a difficulty.
Adult and Child Therapy Centre’s aim is to bring together all who are involved in a young child’s life, in order to ensure they are being given the best opportunity possible.
Specific Speech and Language Impairment (SSLI) – Communication and Interaction for Children who have SSLI
Targets: Parents, teachers, teaching assistants and any other professionals who interact with children that have a diagnosis of SSLI on an on-going basis.
Objective: Develop understanding of SSLI and communication, the nature of SSLI as well as the difficulties associated with having this diagnosis. Increase awareness of strategies and approaches to interacting and communicating with a child with SSLI and enhancing their development and learning.
Outline: 2-hour seminar that covers the following:
- Overview of SSLI and it’s diagnosis
- A profile of a child with SSLI – how it manifests in children as they develop
- Communication and SSLI – the strengths and needs of a child with SSLI
- The role of the speech therapist – developing communication and a communication plan
- Fostering a communication environment for a child with SSLI at home and in the classroom
- Compensatory strategies
- Implementing communication goals in the curriculum
- Adapting the curriculum to maximize learning
- Teaching techniques
- Language use
- Visual aids and supports
- Toys, books and resources that are useful for developing communication and language in this population
- Case examples – how to practically implement information and knowledge from seminar.
For further information on this Course, please contact us on 01 2789516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our Team will be happy to discuss the needs that you may require.