Adult and Child Therapy Centre is now able to provide Educational Setting Training Packages to Parents and Professionals.
All Courses can be adapted and tailored to the needs of the audience, covering Speech, Language & Communication. Through the ongoing Therapy and Assessments that are provided within the Clinic, we are more aware than ever that educating Parents and early years Educators is vital when taking in consideration the diversity of children entering into education with a difficulty.
Adult and Child Therapy Centre’s aim is to bring together all who are involved in a young child’s life, in order to ensure they are being given the best opportunity possible.
Language and Communication (Early language Development 0-5 years)
Targets: Preschool/nursery teachers, teaching assistants and other professionals working with children between 0-5 years in a preschool setting as well as parents of children between 0-5 years.
Objective: Develop understanding of typical language development in young children and ways to foster communication and language within this age group.
Outline: 2-hour seminar that covers the following:
- Overview of communication, interaction and language and what they mean
- How and why we interact and communicate
- Overview of early years communication
- Milestones children reach from birth to 5 years as they learn language
- Ways to foster language and communication in the home and preschool environment, looking at:
- Developing a communication rich environment
- Creating opportunities for communication
- Communication styles of children
- Communication styles of communication partners, i.e. teachers and parents
- Toys, books and other resources that encourage language and learning
- Communication and learning – how one influences the other
- Identifying when there should be a concern regarding a child’s communication, speech, language or interaction
For further information on this Course, please contact us on 01 2789516 or email email@example.com .
Our Team will be happy to discuss the needs that you may require.