Adult and Child Therapy Centre is now able to provide Educational Setting Training Packages to Parents and Professionals.
All Courses can be adapted and tailored to the needs of the audience, covering Speech, Language & Communication. Through the ongoing Therapy and Assessments that are provided within the Clinic, we are more aware than ever that educating Parents and early years Educators is vital when taking in consideration the diversity of children entering into education with a difficulty.
Adult and Child Therapy Centre’s aim is to bring together all who are involved in a young child’s life, in order to ensure they are being given the best opportunity possible.
Fostering Language within a learning and Home environment – A practical Workshop
Targets: Parents, teachers and any other professionals who communicate with children who have communication difficulties and needs on an ongoing basis.
Objective: Develop understanding of speech, language and communication, how and why we communicate and how to foster language in a child with communication needs
Outline: 3-hour seminar, 1 hour theory and 2 hours practical that covers the following:
- Overview of communication, interaction and language and what they mean
- How and why we interact and communicate
- Overview of communication and it’s relevance to childhood development
- Milestones children reach as they learn language
- An overview of speech, language and communication difficulties
- Creating a communication friendly learning environment:
- Visual aids
- Teaching techniques
- Language use
- Overview of strategies to facilitate communication in non verbal children:
- Picture based communication
- Technology, communication and learning
- Resources that encourage language and learning
- Case examples – how to practically implement information and knowledge from seminar.
For further information on this Course, please contact us on 01 2789516 or email email@example.com .
Our Team will be happy to discuss the needs that you may require.