Adult and Child Therapy Centre is now able to provide Educational Setting Training Packages to Parents and Professionals.
All Courses can be adapted and tailored to the needs of the audience, covering Speech, Language & Communication. Through the ongoing Therapy and Assessments that are provided within the Clinic, we are more aware than ever that educating Parents and early years Educators is vital when taking in consideration the diversity of children entering into education with a difficulty.
Adult and Child Therapy Centre’s aim is to bring together all who are involved in a young child’s life, in order to ensure they are being given the best opportunity possible.
Communication and Behavior – Creating a Positive Communication environment
Targets: Teachers, teaching assistants and any other professionals who work with children who have communication and behavioral difficulties.
Objective: Develop understanding of speech, language and communication, how communication is linked to behavior as well as creating positive communication to target unwanted behaviors
Outline: 3-hour seminar, 2 hours theory and 1 hour practical that cover the following:
- Overview of communication and behavior and what they mean
- The science of behavior
- How and why we interact and communicate
- Overview of communication and it’s relevance to childhood and behavior development
- An overview of speech, language and communication difficulties and their influence on behavior
- The role of the speech therapist and behavior specialist in communication and behavior – seeking guidance
- Fostering a positive behavior environment – behavior techniques in the classroom
- Positive reinforcement
- Visual aids
- Teaching techniques
- Language use
- Case examples – how to practically implement information and knowledge from seminar.
For further information on this Course, please contact us on 01 2789516 or email email@example.com .
Our Team will be happy to discuss the needs that you may require.