Adult and Child Therapy Centre is now able to provide Educational Setting Training Packages to Parents and Professionals.
All Courses can be adapted and tailored to the needs of the audience, covering Speech, Language & Communication. Through the ongoing Therapy and Assessments that are provided within the Clinic, we are more aware than ever that educating Parents and early years Educators is vital when taking in consideration the diversity of children entering into education with a difficulty.
Adult and Child Therapy Centre’s aim is to bring together all who are involved in a young child’s life, in order to ensure they are being given the best opportunity possible.
Autism and Communication – Communication and interaction with Children who have Autism
Targets: Parents, teachers, teaching assistants and any other professionals who interact with children who have a diagnosis of autism on an on-going basis.
Objective: Develop understanding of autism and communication, the nature of autism as well as the difficulties associated with having this diagnosis. Increase awareness of strategies and approaches to interacting and communicating with a child with autism and enhancing their development
Outline: 3-hour seminar that covers the following,
- Overview of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and the spectrum of autism
- General development and autism – a profile of a child with autism
- Communication and autism – the strengths and needs of a child with autism
- The role of the speech therapist – developing communication and a communication plan
- Fostering a communication environment for a child with autism at home and in the classroom with:
- Visual aids
- Objects of reference
- Picture based communication
- Teaching techniques
- Language use
- Augmentative and alternative communication and technology
- Visual aids
- Autism and behavior
- Case examples – how to practically implement information and knowledge from seminar.
For further information on this Course, please contact us on 01 2789516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our Team will be happy to discuss the needs that you may require.