Adult and Child Therapy Centre is now able to provide Educational Setting Training Packages to Parents and Professionals.
All Courses can be adapted and tailored to the needs of the audience, covering Speech, Language & Communication. Through the ongoing Therapy and Assessments that are provided within the Clinic, we are more aware than ever that educating Parents and early years Educators is vital when taking in consideration the diversity of children entering into education with a difficulty.
Adult and Child Therapy Centre’s aim is to bring together all who are involved in a young child’s life, in order to ensure they are being given the best opportunity possible.
Augmenting Communication – Interacting with Children who are non-verbal Communicators
Targets: Parents, teachers, teaching assistants and any other professionals who interact with children who are non-verbal communicators on an on-going basis.
Objective: Develop understanding of communication, verbal and non-verbal and how to develop communication supports for a child who is a non-verbal communicator
Outline: 2-hour seminar that covers the following:
- Overview of communication and types of communication, including:
- How and why we interact and communicate
- Verbal communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Non- verbal communication – how it presents
- Disorders and diagnoses associated with non-verbal communication
- The role of the speech therapist in non-verbal communication – seeking guidance
- Fostering a communication environment for a non-verbal communicator at home and in the classroom with:
- Visual aids
- Objects of reference
- Picture based communication
- Teaching techniques
- Language use
- Augmentative and alternative communication and technology
- Visual aids
- Case examples – how to practically implement information and knowledge from seminar.
For further information on this Course, please contact us on 01 2789516 or email email@example.com .
Our Team will be happy to discuss the needs that you may require.